[Gluster-users] Inputs requested on 3.2.0

Udo Waechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed May 25 15:25:32 UTC 2011

Hi,
for us, gluster 3.2.0 really messed up everything in a distribute/replicate setup. Everything should be mentioned in this thread. http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2011-May/007705.html

The most important features for us would be:
1. 100% posix compatibility (this is already mentioned as a feature in the FAQ!!!)
2. Better documentation. All the options and their settings do not really explain what they do.
 I could guess that performance.cache-size somehow influences performance, but for us changing it to very high (4Gbs and more) and very low (128Mb) did not change a thing. Same for stat-prefetch (which is supposed to make ls quickier) on/off: nothing. Would be nice to see some scenarios/settings and their benchmarks.

Thanks for the effort,
udo.