[Gluster-users] Inputs requested on 3.2.0

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Wed May 25 11:09:47 UTC 2011

hi vidya,

the main general points for me are:
1/ documentation.  if gluster is not 100% posix compatible then please
*dont* say that it is as it only undermines the credibility of gluster as a
file-system.  if we know what does and doesn't work then we can make
informed decisions and work around any issues.
2/ better reporting.  ie, we should be able to know which files are not
replicated.  right now, there's no way knowing how safe any of your data is.
 i'd be interested if this is even possible with the very decentralised way
gluster works?
3/ NFS nlm locking & other posix compatibility issues solved.
4/ stability stability and more stability.  please, no more "features" till
the foundations are rock solid.  i want gluster to work - but it's
credibility as a "safe" file system is at issue here.  what could be more
important than that?

..i hope this is of use.

regards,

paul