[Gluster-users] single storage server

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Mon May 23 13:31:51 UTC 2011

Nick,

> I have  a single storage server which exports /data to  number of clients.
>
> Is it ok to access the data on the storage server directly (ie not via
> glusterfs mount) ?
>
> (I know this causes problems when there are multiple servers ).

Are you doing just read()/access()/stat()  like operations? Then it should
be fine. If you are not using any new features (like quota/geo-replication
etc etc) then technically, you can modify (but surely not rename(2) and
link(2)) the data inside. But we haven't tested this for ages now, and we
don't recommend it for production use.

Regards,
Amar