[Gluster-users] Connected but not connected?

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Thu May 19 14:12:37 UTC 2011

Hi Pranith,

I got past the problem by stopping glusterd on both systems, deleting the
files from /etc/glusterd/peers, restarting glusterd, then doing the peer
probe again. Everything went normally that time. So it must have been
something about the values in the files in /etc/glusterd/peers that was in
error.

Now I see that "State: Accepted peer request (Connected)" was not really the
response to want from "gluster peer status." With the working setup, the
response is "State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)," which makes more sense.

The not-working state before had followed it taking several peer probes to
get that step to succeed, so I'd guess the flawed files in
/etc/glusterd/peers were related to probing more than once. After deleting
those files, probing worked the first time.

Whit