[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2 for lots of small files

nuaa_liuben nuaa_liuben at sina.com
Wed May 18 02:24:31 UTC 2011

Avg. files size is between 2 ~ 6KB, both text and binary files.
1) about 30 MB/s for singel client, this can be realized?
2) dd with 4KB can get about 30 - 40MB/s
3) multiple clients can near linearly increase performance
4) only use single thread for testing

BR,
liuben

>From:  Mohit Anchlia
>Send Time:  2011-05-18  09:54:45
>TO: nuaa_liuben
>CC:  gluster-users
>Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2 for lots of small files

You will find difficult to tune when using small files. But what you
are seeing is really low. Is your average file size 10k? Are these
text files?
1) of all what's your throughput requirements??
2) try running "dd" tests with oflag/iflag=direct
3) run multiple clients from separate hosts and see if you add a
client does it linearly increase the performance.
4) when using small files increasing number of parallel threads from
same client will not increase performance. lower the threads and see
if that helps.
Post results.