[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.2 for lots of small files

nuaa_liuben nuaa_liuben at sina.com
Wed May 18 01:23:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am testing gluster 3.2 for LOSF (lots of small files) scenario recently, with iozne and postmark benchmark tools. And the results show that LOSF performance is really bad, random read/write rate is just only about 2 ~ 4MB/s. I tried RAID0, RAID1, RAID10, and it's the same result. And create ops with postmark is 100 ~ 400 per second.

I deployed 4 bricks servers: Dell R510,  4 1TB SATA disks, 1 GiE NIC, 8GB Mem, and test machine is also R510 with 2 SAS disks and 16GB memory.

Any good ideas on gluster3.2 tunning for LOSF?
Why dbd translator is removed from gluster 3.2?
thanks in advance.

BR,
liuben