[Gluster-users] non-root owned files/dirs not shown

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Fri May 13 16:37:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 06:13:03PM +0200, Udo Waechter wrote:

> Suppose we have ha user: user with group group (and additional groups group2)
>
> If I create a directory:
>
> test (with 0750) and user:group, everything is as expected.

Note there's another, possibly related bug, as of 3.1.4 at least, also
involving bad group permission handling. If user A has write permissions per
the group setting for a file owned by user B (that is, both are in the same
group, and the file is "660") then user A can open the file, but can't write
to it after editing.

This may be an independent bug. (It's on file, sorry for not taking the time
to look up the reference now.) Then again, it could be that Gluster's whole
group permissions setup could use a rewrite.

Whit