[Gluster-users] Failed on booting qcow2 image files on glusterfs

Aaron Roberts aroberts at domicilium.com
Wed May 11 15:25:42 UTC 2011

This is probably because your FUSE module is not allowing O_DIRECT system call to open the disk image file on the FUSE mounted filesystem.  What we did (and please someone let me know if it was the wrong thing to do!) was to download the FUSE module source from gluster.org and compile/install that.

I'm guessing you're using qemu-kvm?  If so, qemu-kvm will use O_SYNC (cache=writethough) to open a raw disk image and O_DIRECT (cache=none) to open a .qcow2 image.

Aaron