[Gluster-users] [SPAM?] Storage Design Overview

Burnash, James jburnash at knight.com
Wed May 11 14:47:34 UTC 2011

Hi Joe.

Your remarks are always useful and informative - thanks.

As for our slow network throughput - what I didn't put in our configuration is that our servers are on 10GBe, but all of our clients are on 1Gbe because our core network can't (yet) handle the load of 10GBe clients - just to fill in that data point.

I find your remark about the stability of 3.1.3 reassuring - considering the painful struggle to get there from the 3.0.4 versions, and the stability issues that I noted in the list over the course of my migration. Your problems with 3.1.4 and 3.2 are enough reason to not do anymore upgrades to the production systems yet.

As a rule of thumb, I never implement X.0 releases into production anyhow - even from Redhat ... I have the arrows still sticking out of my back from doing so in the past :-)

James Burnash, Unix Engineering