[Gluster-users] non-root owned files/dirs not shown

Udo Waechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue May 10 12:23:31 UTC 2011

Hi there,
we are using glusterfs 3.2.0 (since today, before 3.1.?) on Ubuntu Lucid
and Debian squeeze.

We have a rather strange problem concerning file listings.

Here is the setup:

one volume with user data. All files on the top-level are owned by
someuser:somegroup (all differnt according to work-group)

Then there are directories and files owned by root.

When one does a listing of some directories, its contents are not shown.
In those directories that have files/directories owned by root only
these are shown.

When I try to "ls" a directory that is owned by me, not root, it is not
shown. When I change into that directory and do ls, everything is fine
again.

These directories are all
users/<username> - 0700
work-group/ - 0750

this holds both for the linux-fuse client and reexproted fuse-clients
via nfs.

I have searched the internet for bugs like these, nothing was found.
Is this a known problem? It is rather annoying, since our users are of
the constant oppinion that their files are gone.

Thanks for any hints,
udo.
--
Institute of Cognitive Science - System Administration Team
      Albrechtstrasse 28 - 49076 Osnabrueck - Germany