[Gluster-users] [SPAM?] Do clients need to run glusterd?

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Mon May 9 17:59:20 UTC 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> So it kills the glusterd ($BASE), glusterfsd, *and* glusterfs processes. That last one unmounts any mounted gluster filesystems.  If one wanted to, e.g., shut down one server node of a replicated pair *but* still access the glusterfs mount from that node, one would have to remount the FS after doing a "service glusterd stop".

Ah yes. You're right. I didn't realize that the script will kill any clients _on the same machine_.

I agree that this is undesirable behavior. The init.d script should only stop any GlusterFS servers. Could you please file a bug about this on http://bugs.gluster.com/ ?

Vikas Gorur
Engineer - Gluster, Inc.