[Gluster-users] strange error hangs hangs any access to gluster mount

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Thu Mar 31 06:33:49 UTC 2011

Hi James,

To fix this, you can go to *any one pair* backend and run below commands on
the directories where the layout has issues:

bash# setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.dht <directory>

[ pair backend means, in replica set's volumes ]

and then from the client machine (ie, where you have mount point), run below
commands,

 bash# echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
 bash# stat <directory> # through the mount point.

In this step, the layout will get fixed again automatically, which should
solve this issue.

Regards,
Amar