[Gluster-users] Failed to mount GlusterFS 3.1.3

Tiger Wings tigerwings at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to install Glusterfs on my Fedora 14 (Laughlin).
After installing GlusterFS and fuse as shown in
(http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1:_Installing_GlusterFS_on_Red_Hat_Package_Manager_%28RPM%29_Distributions),
I did the following:

#sudo /etc/init.d/glusterd start

#sudo gluster volume create data transport tcp server1:/home/tiger/gfs
#sudo gluster volume set data auth.allow 192.*

#sudo gluster volume info

Volume Name: data
Type: Distribute
Number of Bricks: 1
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: server-1:/home/tiger/gfs
Options Reconfigured:
auth.allow: 192.*

#sudo modprobe fuse

at last, when I ran:
#sudo mount -t glusterfs server-1:/data /mnt/glusterfs
it always failed and I got this message:

Usage:  mount.glusterfs <volumeserver>:<volumeid/volumeport> -o
<options> <mountpoint>
man 8 mount.glusterfs

To display the version number of the mount helper:
mount.glusterfs --version

How can I solve this issue?
Thanks a lot.

Tiger