[Gluster-users] dht problems when one server is down

Mohit Anchlia mohitanchlia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:49:04 UTC 2011

My understanding is that to handle failures you need to use
distributed + replica when creating volumes. Updates are tricky since
instead of saving entire content of file only pointer might be saved
so in that case if file is not there already it may not work. For that
reason I think hashing is mostly static mechanism.

Gluster team please correct me if I am wrong.