[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.1.3 is available

Mohit Anchlia mohitanchlia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:01:18 UTC 2011

Thanks for getting this release out. I was going through the release
and didn't quite understand "fix layout by issuing re-balance" means.
Does it mean if server is added or removed and then new files created
in "existing" directory will not hash accross all the nodes (including
new nodes)?

And another question is it necessary to run "migrate-data" after
running "fix-layout"? If answer is "no" then after fixing layout
(fix-layout) wouldn't it confuse gluster hashing algorigthm in anyway
when accessing existing files?