[Gluster-users] [SPAM?] STALE NFS Handle (Transport endpoint is not connected)

Heiko Schröter schroete at iup.physik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Mar 16 13:14:54 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch 16 März 2011, um 13:33:27 schrieben Sie:

Hi Burnash,

thanks for the info. Hm, yes i could do that but that is not the intention.
Even with a "distribute" setup the client should never hang when a (or more) server goes down. No matter what.

Taken the "redistribute" scenario into account, when will that going to hang ? When both bricks are down (replica 2) ?
Or what will happen if the cloud of the two bricks cannot be reached (network failure) ?

So to my understanding a network application should never just hang (or STALE), but give a proper error message or whatever is appropriate.
To me more appropriate, is that the "ressource" (brick) is not there, i.e directory empty or so.

Correct if i'am wrong but adding replicas is just a way of saying it is "more unlikely" to happen, but it still could ...

Regards
Heiko