[Gluster-users] Backup Strategy

Liam Slusser lslusser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 22:17:27 UTC 2011

Netbackup is great and can probably backup directly from a glusterFS
client mount, however, the license and software cost for a few clients
and one server/media server is nearly $50k.  Not exactly cheap.  Id
look into Amanda backup if I was on a budget and wanted to backup to
tape.

Another option is to just do rsync your gluster cluster to a Sun
Solaris server with a ZFS partition.  Then you can do nightly zfs
snapshots of your data (snapshots only save what changes so it uses
very little space).

liam