[Gluster-users] Self heal doesn't seem to work when file is updated

Pranith Kumar. Karampuri pranithk at gluster.com
Wed Mar 9 03:39:07 UTC 2011

hi Mohit,
       ls -laR does not trigger the self-heal when the stat-prefetch translator
is loaded. The command to use for triggering self-heal is "find". Please see
our documentation of the same.
http://europe.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1:_Triggering_Self-Heal_on_Replicate

I executed the same example on my machine and it works fine.

root at pranith-laptop:/mnt/client# cat /tmp/2/a.txt
sds
root at pranith-laptop:/mnt/client# find .
.
./a.txt
root at pranith-laptop:/mnt/client# cat /tmp/2/a.txt
sds
DD

Pranith