[Gluster-users] Volume not stopping

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 10:40:15 UTC 2011

I'm running 3.1.2 on Ubuntu Lucid 64 form standard package. I have a simple 2-node dist/rep volume which I'm trying to stop. It stopped fine on one node, but was still listed as started on the other, yet trying to stop it fails:

On the first server:

#gluster volume stop sharedvol
Stopping volume will make its data inaccessible. Do you want to Continue? (y/n) y
Stopping volume sharedvol has been successful
#gluster volume info

Volume Name: sharedvol
Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 192.168.1.16:/var/sharedvol
Brick2: 192.168.1.17:/var/sharedvol

Then on the second server:

#gluster volume stop sharedvol
Stopping volume will make its data inaccessible. Do you want to Continue? (y/n) y
Volume sharedvol is not in the started state
#gluster volume info

Volume Name: sharedvol
Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2