[Gluster-users] iSCSI or FC

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gluster.com
Tue Mar 1 01:34:33 UTC 2011

Gluster should work fine on both. Personaly I will go with iSCSI because it is a commodity.

Thomas Wakefield <twake at cola.iges.org> wrote:

For back end storage when not using direct attached JBODS, what does Gluster prefer, iSCSI or FC.

Looking at 2 different setups:

1.  Hitachi AMS 2300 with 8Gb/s FC (8 ports)

or

2.  Dell Equallogic boxes with 10Gb/s iSCSI  (unknown number of ports, at least 6 i think)

Either setup would be connected to 2-3 Linux gluster servers, pushing the filesystem out over our existing DDR infiniband network.  Filesystem would be 200TB+.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas
Systems Administrator COLA/IGES