[Gluster-users] files not syncing up with glusterfs 3.1.1

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Sat Jan 29 19:58:17 UTC 2011

hi all,

we're a post production company - and have our 30 machine renderfarm now
using this volume as a image and data store.  this has been running ok for a
week or so - until now.

i've just rendered a bunch of frames to the gluster volume - and while i'm
rendering i've been viewing the images.  however, now that all the frames
have finished rendering - i'm still seeing the older partially rendered
frames on my primary workstation.  if i copy the frames (by ssh'ing into
another machine to a shared location - i see them all correctly rendered).
so, my own machine seems intent on seeing them as they were over 20 mins
ago.  i'm not sure if this is a server or client issue.

i'm using/testing out gluster 3.1.1 on 4 machines using the following setup:

g1:~ # gluster volume info
Volume Name: glustervol1
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Number of Bricks: 4 x 2 = 8
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: g1:/mnt/glus1
Brick2: g2:/mnt/glus1
Brick3: g3:/mnt/glus1
Brick4: g4:/mnt/glus1
Brick5: g1:/mnt/glus2
Brick6: g2:/mnt/glus2
Brick7: g3:/mnt/glus2
Brick8: g4:/mnt/glus2
Options Reconfigured:
performance.stat-prefetch: 1
performance.cache-size: 1gb
performance.write-behind-window-size: 512mb

...x4 dells with 10ge cards running opensuse 11.3 using glusterfs/fuse.  so
far it's been pretty good.

the volume is mounted via ldap/autofs (not that it should affect anything i
think):
g1:/glustervol1 on /n/auto/gv1 type fuse.glusterfs
(rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072)

..i'm at a loss - and would appreciate any ideas/suggestions as to why this
is and can it be fixed.  it's a pretty fundamental issue - i'm hoping that
i've overlooked something obvious.

regards,

paul

ps - i've also "stat"ed all the files - that didn't seem to make any
difference.
pps - access permissions are ok too.  ie, not a 2nd group issue.