[Gluster-users] Setup gluster 3.1.2 ok but probe fails

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 17:07:58 UTC 2011

Can you connect to port 24007 (with telnet) of the other node from one? It
still looks like a hostname resolution issue as the log message says

"[glusterd-handler.c:397:glusterd_friend_find] glusterd: Unable to find
hostname: 10.XXX.58.95"

and

"[2011-01-18 04:14:16.78380] E
[socket.c:1661:socket_connect_finish] management: connection to  failed
(Connection timed out)".

It should have said "connection to SOMETHING failed". Are you using external
or internal names to connect to each other? Try internal hostname (instead
of IP) if you still haven't.

Avati