[Gluster-users] Deleted files comes back

Georg Höllrigl georg.hoellrigl at xidras.com
Fri Jan 14 10:14:23 UTC 2011

Hello,

I delete a file on glusterfs but shortly after I have verified that it is away, it suddenly reappears.

I'm using glusterfs 3.0.6. Two servers and several clients with client replication.

I found out the following things:

- The file only comes back when deleting on one glusterfs client.
- The deletion works with other clients.
- The clients have exactly the same configuration and mount options.
- Remounting or even rebooting the server doesn't solve the problem.
- The logfiles on the server and the client don't reveal anything about the problem.
- When watching the filesystem on the servers, I see that the file only gets deleted on one of them.
Afterwards it looks like self healing jumps in.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Regards

Georg