[Gluster-users] ZFS setup question

Jacob Shucart jacob at gluster.com
Thu Jan 6 21:58:55 UTC 2011

Shain,

If you are planning on taking snapshots of the underlying filesystems then
#2 would be better.  If you are not planning on taking snapshots then #1
and #2 are equal really and so I would say that #1 is fine because there
are less filesystems to manage.  I hope this clarifies things.  Since ZFS
snapshots are done at the filesystem level, if you wanted to take a
snapshot of just music then you could not do that unless music was on its
own ZFS filesystem.

-Jacob