[Gluster-users] Invalid argument on delete with GlusterFS 3.1.1 client

Dan Bretherton d.a.bretherton at reading.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 10:26:01 UTC 2011

Hello All,
I have seen what appears to be the same problem when a user tried to
change the ownership of some files.  The client log file entries were
like this:

[2011-01-05 17:10:02.222293] W [fuse-bridge.c:648:fuse_setattr_cbk]
glusterfs-fuse: 16210806: SETATTR()
/users/rle/INTERIM/INTERIM_2003_VOR850.nc => -1 (Invalid argument)

The error reported on the command line was "permission denied" I am
told, not "invalid argument" as with the file deletion problem.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance set the log level to TRACE because
the user in question went to an NFS client to change the ownership
before telling me there had been a problem.  However this might make it
easier to reproduce the problem, now that we know that it isn't
restricted to file deletion.

-Dan.

-