[Gluster-users] Speed of glusterfs

Raphaël Hoareau rap.hoareau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:00:55 UTC 2011

In theory yes, but the bandwith will also be limited by the nodes between
the client and the server.
Unless every part of your network can handle 2Gbit, it won't be a good
solution.

You could also try to use two NICs with specific routes. NIC1 knows the
route to Server1 and NIC2 knows the route to Server2.
Something like this :
eth0 : route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 -i eth0    #
Assuming 192.168.0.0 = network containing Server1
eth1 : route add -net 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 -i eth1    #
Assuming 192.168.1.0 = network containing Server2

But I really don't know if it could work as I never tried it before. And,
as I said, it also depends on the nodes in your network.

The most basic configuration would look like this :

             Server1         Server2
                  |                   |
                  |                   |
          1Gbit|                   |1Gbit
                  |                   |
                eth0             eth1
                         Client

In that case, you will double your speed. But again, it's just an idea.

If you have everything to try it (NIC-teaming and/or NIC specific route),
go ahead.
And, please, give me your results as I'm very interested in GlusterFS
performances.

Regards,

Raphaël.