[Gluster-users] Limit access to a volume

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed Dec 14 10:30:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I created a volume and have to restrict access now. Just one client should be
allowed to acces the volume. So I tried:

# gluster volume set sesam auth.allow 192.168.20.1

But I can still mount the volume from other clients than 192.168.20.1. But
when I try to access the directory from an unallowd machine, my shell hangs.
If I try to unmount, it says that the device is busy. The only way to get it
out of the client is to kill the glusterfs process.

And one more question: If I set a option by "gluster volume set" - how do I
unset it?

Regards,
Marc