[Gluster-users] New Gluster User - Why did the file created in /srv1/brick1 not replicate?

Chris Matchett chris.matchett at blue-zinc.com
Mon Dec 12 11:54:03 UTC 2011

We are using Gluster 3.2 on CentOS 5.7 and have been doing some dr testing.

Here's how we tested and also a query regarding an outcome we didn't
understand.

/srv2/brick2 was shutdown uncleanly and restarted
/srv1/brick1 was shutdown uncleanly and restarted.

/srv2/brick2 was restarted, files were added to the brick2 folder...
a mount was made on /srv2/mnt/test-vol
files were added

/srv1/brick1 was restarted, files from /srv2/brick2 and mounted volumne
appeared
a file was added on /srv1/brick1, it did not appear on /srv2 on brick or
volume
a mount was made on /srv1/mnt/test-vol
a file was added, this appeared on /srv2 in brick and volume

why did the file created in /srv1/brick1 not replicate?

Many thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Matchett
TM2 Support

Our Sales and Customer Service numbers are changing to
Local Call rate 0333 numbers – local rates and inclusive
minutes even from mobiles.

Support : 03333 442 800
Sales : 03333 442 600