[Gluster-users] dual mount?

William L. Sebok wls at astro.umd.edu
Wed Dec 7 01:11:34 UTC 2011

I remember seeing instructions given recently on how to revert a glusterfs
setup from 3.2.* back to 3.1.*.  Does anyone remember those instructions?

Today I I upgraded a cluster from glusterfs 3.1.5 to 3.2.5 and have ended up
with many log errors of this sort:

[2011-12-06 19:19:56.300768] W [socket.c:1494:__socket_proto_state_machine] 0-socket.management: reading from socket failed. Error (Transport endpoint is not connected), peer (127.0.0.1:1011)

It also now seems to be responding very slowly to the glusterfs client and
responds so slowly to a nfs mount that the mount attempt always times out and
fails.

This is a distributed replicated setup.  The OS is Centos 5.7.

"gluster peer status" shows all servers are up.

To upgrade I shut down the filesystem with
	gluster volume stop yorp
then stopped all of the servers with
	service glusterd stop
and went through each host and killed all stray gluster processes.
I then ran rpm -Uvh to install the new rpms, then did
	service glusterd start
on all servers to start the daemons back up, and finally ran
	gluster volume start yorp
to start up the filesystem.  The filesystem actually gets mounted on the
clients by the automounter.  This is all as documented in the release notes:
I did no fancy tricks.

Bill Sebok      Computer Software Manager, Univ. of Maryland, Astronomy
	Internet: wls at astro.umd.edu	URL: http://furo.astro.umd.edu/