[Gluster-users] (3.1.5-1) "Another operation is in progress, please retry after some time"

Tomoaki Sato tsato at valinux.co.jp
Mon Aug 22 05:09:15 UTC 2011

Hi kp,

I've reproduce the issue in my environment.
please find attached taz.

there are 5 VMs, baz-1-private through baz-5-private.
on each VMs, following commands are issued concurrently.

on baz-1-private:
# gluster volume create baz baz-1-private:/mnt/brick
# gluster volume start baz
# <register baz-1-private to DNS>

on baz-2-private through baz-5-private:
# <wait baz-1-private appears on the DNS>
# ssh baz-1-private gluster peer probe <me>
# gluster volume add-brick baz <me>:/mnt/brick
# <register me to the DNS>

<me> = baz-n-private (n: 2,3,4,5)

I've noticed that following commands are stable.

on baz-2-private through baz-5-private:
# <wait baz-1-private appears on the DNS>
# ssh baz-1-private gluster peer probe <me>
# ssh baz-1-private gluster volume add-brick baz <me>:/mnt/brick
# <register me to the DNS>

thanks,

tomo