[Gluster-users] Question regarding Samba Implementation

Joshua Tidsbury Joshua.Tidsbury at bellmedia.ca
Tue Aug 16 18:14:10 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I am considering Gluster for a project, but have one key requirement, and am curious if anyone on this list would be able to answer it.

Would I be able to set up a sharepoint on Gluster that dynamically sets its root based on the connecting user's username?

For example, if I were to set up a server at files.domain.com<http://files.domain.com>, and log into the system via CIFS as jsmith, I would like that sharepoint to map for that user to /userfolders/jsmith in a dynamic manner, much like a user home folder might work?

Many thanks in advance,
Josh

Joshua Tidsbury | CTV
t 416.384.7253 | m 416.433.3968 | joshua.tidsbury at bellmedia.ca<mailto:joshua.tidsbury at bellmedia.ca>