[Gluster-users] Replace brick of a dead node

Rajat Chopra rchopra at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 21:35:44 UTC 2011

Thank you Harsha for the quick response.

Unfortunately, the infrastructure is in the cloud. So, I cant get the dead node's disk.
Since I have replication 'ON', there is no downtime as the brick on the second node serves well, but I want the redundancy/replication to be restored with the introduction of a new node (#3) in the cluster.

I would hope there is a gluster command to just forget about the dead node's brick, and pick up the new brick and start replicating/serving from the new location (in conjunction with the one existing brick on the #2 node). Is that the self heal feature? I am using v3.11 as of now.

Rajat