[Gluster-users] New GlusterFS Documentation

John Mark Walker jwalker at gluster.com
Fri Aug 12 18:29:21 UTC 2011

We have recently (~1 month ago) revamped some of our documentation with new installation and administration guides for GlusterFS 3.2. If you're new to GlusterFS, you may have already seen it, but if you are an "old-timer" you may not have noticed.

Please feel free to peruse the new guides:

Installation guide -
wiki: http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2_Filesystem_Installation_Guide
PDF: http://download.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.2/3.2.0/Gluster_FS_3.2_Installation_Guide.pdf

Administration guide -
wiki: http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2_Filesystem_Administration_Guide
PDF: http://download.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.2/3.2.2/Gluster_FS_3.2_Admin_Guide.pdf

Please take a look and let us know if this documentation meets your needs and how we should change them going forward.

We have also begun the task of writing new documentation and adding to the mix of currently available docs. We know that there's more to do yet in terms of performance tuning, extending GlusterFS, and other advanced topics.

What other topics would you like to see covered?

Thanks,
John Mark Walker
Gluster Community Guy