[Gluster-users] Gluster server and multi-homing, again

Patrick J. LoPresti lopresti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:22:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Run one glusterd on server1.  Have "server1-eth1" and "server1-eth2"
>> refer to the two interfaces.  Use "gluster peer probe server1-eth1"
>> AND "gluster peer probe server1-eth2" (?)
>>
>> My concern is that this will be attempting to add the same server to
>
> Don't they have different IP unless I misunderstood your
> configuration. Are the NIC bonded?

No, no bonding.  I mean one server with two IP addresses.  So
"server1-eth1" might be 192.168.0.37 and "server1-eth2" might be
192.168.1.37, but they both connect to the same server (just on
different interfaces).

> If you want to try out you will also need to do peer probe with eth1
> and eth2 IPs.

If both IPs refer to the same server, they will connect to the same
glusterd process, unless I find a way to launch two such processes and
bind each to a separate address...

 - Pat