[Gluster-users] 3.2.2 Performance Issue

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Thu Aug 11 14:21:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:13:53 -0400
Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:

> On 08/11/2011 09:11 AM, Burnash, James wrote:
> > Cogently put and helpful, Joe. Thanks. I'm filing this under "good
> > answers to frequently asked technical questions". You have a number
> > of spots in that archive already :-)
>
> Thanks :)

Unfortunately he failed to understand my point. Obviously I was not talking
about simply _supplying_ more switches, I talked about _spreading_ the network
over several switches. This means you take a client that has at least two GBit
Ports and connect your two gluster servers (bricks) to one each. Obviously you
can do the same with a bigger number of bricks, it only depends on the number
of interfaces your client has. This means contention is not possible by
accessing several bricks "at the same time" in a replication setup.

But as told before, the problem of bad performance did not go away for us.

Stephan