[Gluster-users] HW raid or not

Liam Slusser lslusser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:40:50 UTC 2011

I'm in the HW raid camp.  Mostly because gluster is not block level,
so with large quantities of files replication can take days or weeks.
In my case a rebuild/resync can take weeks because of how many
files/directories I have in my cluster.

With hardware RAID I can just replace the disk and a rebuild happens
automatically and very quickly.

liam