[Gluster-users] HW raid or not

Burnash, James jburnash at knight.com
Mon Aug 8 15:17:21 UTC 2011

I would agree with this.

While GlusterFS mirroring is good on a server to server level, it's not as robust (provably on my installation) as HW RAID due to continuing GlusterFS  issues with replication and extended attributes (through versions 3.2.2). That's not to say that the server replication is rubbish - it's just that there are edge cases for which bugs have already been submitted that affect file integrity from a mounted GlusterFS point of view.

James Burnash
Unix Engineer
Knight Capital Group