[Gluster-users] Problem with Gluster Geo Replication, status faulty

Vijay Bellur vijay at gluster.com
Sun Aug 7 08:54:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Andre Mosin <al_dantas at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Kaushik,
>
> Thanks for the detailed explanation!  I was messing with it yesterday and
> it seems that gluster-core and fuse packages have to be installed on the
> slave server as well. Could you confirm that?

Yes, GlusterFS installation is necessary on the slave. Even if you intend to
have a non-Gluster directory as the slave, glusterfs-core and glusterfs-fuse
packages need to be installed on the slave. The minimum requirements for
Geo-replication can be found here:

http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Checking_Geo-replication_Minimum_Requirements

Regards,
Vijay