[Gluster-users] [Gluster 3.2.1] Réplication issues on a two bricks volume

Julien Groselle julien.groselle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 07:00:48 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have installed GlusterFS one month ago, and replication have many issues :
First of all, our infrastructure, 2 storage array of 8Tb in replication
mode... We have our backups file on this arrays, so 6Tb of datas.

I want replicate datas on the second storrage array, so, i use this command
:
# gluster volume rebalance REP_SVG migrate-data start
And gluster start to replicate, in 2 weeks we had 2.6Yb of datas replicated.
But now, replication fail after about one day of replication.... with many
errors.

So i have two questions, are there any option or command to boost
replication ?
We have to continue to backup our servers... so during the réplication, many
files are rotated/moved/added.
Is it a problem for gluster to replicatde datas during a backup session ?

For now, we can't replicate any datas more ! We need help.

FYI :
# gluster --version
glusterfs 3.2.1 built on Jun 12 2011 12:29:36
Repository revision: v3.2.1
Copyright (c) 2006-2010 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU Affero
General Public License.

# uname -a
Linux toomba 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 03:40:32 UTC 2011 x86_64
GNU/Linux

# cat /etc/debian_version
6.0.2

# gluster peer status
Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: kaiserstuhl-svg.coe.int
Uuid: 5b79b4bc-c8d2-48d4-bd43-37991197ab47
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

# gluster volume info all

Volume Name: REP_SVG
Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: toomba-svg.coe.int:/storage/backup
Brick2: kaiserstuhl-svg.coe.int:/storage/backup
Options Reconfigured:
performance.write-behind-window-size: 16MB
performance.cache-size: 256MB
diagnostics.brick-log-level: WARNING

*Julien Groselle*