[Gluster-users] "Self heal" or sync issues?

Martin Schenker martin.schenker at profitbricks.com
Thu Apr 28 15:33:37 UTC 2011

With millions of files on a system this is a HUGE overhead. Running the
getfattr command just for the mismatched files and using this as a
source for triggering self-heal/sync might be a better option and less
costly... but you might see files in the process of being sync'd as well.

I'd only trigger a repair after a certain time has passed and nothing
has happened.

I'm still puzzled what caused the mismatch and why it didn't get
repaired on it's own?

Any ideas?

Best, Martin