[Gluster-users] Some questions about gluster

Roberto Scudeller beto.rvs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:31:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I need create a cluster storage solution, my primary objective is
performance and secondary is scalable.

I've got a 50 machines (linux, like centos, with a compiled kernel) that
need access to a storage solution (today is a opensolaris access with NFS).

My questions are:

1 - I export a volume with iSCSI and configure a Gluster in the machines
(like a OCFS2 or GFS)?
2 - I configure a gluster in the storage (opensolaris) and access with a
gluster client?

What's the best practice?

What do you recommend for me? Gluster is recommended for performance?

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
--
Roberto Scudeller