[Gluster-users] Server side or client side AFR

Nobodys Home n1shome at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 23:05:00 UTC 2011

Hello all,
I prefer server side AFR for my topology and I think it makes overall sense for
most configurations.  However, I don't think the
3.1 documentation regarding the creation of a replicated distributed volume is
server side after a bit of testing.  It seems like I'm in a bit of a pickle:

1.  Can I "only" expand volumes on the fly if I use the gluster cli to initially
define my volumes?

2. Most of the examples regarding server side AFR "do not show" how to add
bricks to a predifined server.vol configuration on the fly.  If there is a way
to do this can I get help on this?

Best Regards,
Nobodys Home