[Gluster-users] rebalancing after remove-brick

HU Zhong hz02ruc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:06:39 UTC 2011

Hi

I succeed to remove a pair of bricks from my dht+afr system, but my system
is not configured by the command line tool 'gluster', instead, I wrote
configuration files and run glusterfs+glusterfsd process to start the system
by hand. so it may  differ with yours,  anyway just for a reference.

1. Remove the target replica set from the system. Update the configuration
    file of the original system and restart the glusterfs process.

2. Create a dummy GlusterFS system with the removed replica set and mount it
    on a directory.

3. Copy the data from the dummy GlusterFS system to the original system.