[Gluster-users] gluster mounted volumes not following group permissions

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Apr 19 22:11:52 UTC 2011

Jerry,

You might well be right. But why would the nfs requirement be different from
the shared-file-on-local-storage requirement here? The file's perms are 664.
So every group member should be able to write to it - and can on local
storage. But they can't on gluster-via-nfs. Both cases are users sharing
files in a write context.

In any case the docs at
http://gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1_NFS_Guide
say nothing about setting gluster's nfs service for a umask. Doesn't posix
call for consistent behavior here? 664 perms should allow group members to
edit the file no matter how the file system is mounted, shouldn't they? A
umask in my experience is for default perms on file creation. The file here
already exists with other perms. It may well be the case that we don't want
files to be group-editable by default, but we certainly do when the perms
are set for that.

Best,
Whit