[Gluster-users] gluster mounted volumes not following group permissions

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Apr 19 19:05:07 UTC 2011

Jerry,

Here's the thing. On the same system, with the same two users, I've just
repeated the same operations on local storage, rather than nfs-mounted
gluster storage, and there's no such problem. The file saves just fine after
user2 edits it, resulting in:

  -rw-rw-r-- 1 user1  staff     8 2011-04-19 15:01 dog
  -rw-r--r-- 1 user2  staff     4 2011-04-19 15:01 dog~

And the file "dog" indeed contains the edit by user2, as it should. Are you
suggesting that gluster uses umask settings differently than the native
filesystem? In this case, the system where it works as expected is ext3
rather than the ext4 systems under gluster, but that shouldn't change this
behavior I don't think.

Whit