[Gluster-users] gluster mounted volumes not following group permissions

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Apr 19 18:30:23 UTC 2011

Greg,

I've just verified your report by doing the same test with 3.1.4 in an
Ubuntu 10.10 server environment, with the client mount via NFS from Ubuntu
8.04.4. I get exactly the same result. In this case a file is first written
by user1, member of "staff" group. Then user2 opens it, adds an edit, and
tries to save. The backup (using the joe editor) shows up with user2's
ownership:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 user1  staff         4 2011-04-19 14:23 dog
-rw-r--r-- 1 user2  staff         4 2011-04-19 14:24 dog~

But the save fails with "Error opening file" from the editor.

Whit