[Gluster-users] How to configure with mixed LAN addresses?

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Tue Apr 19 17:25:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:12:25PM -0500, Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov wrote:

> So... I've a very similar configuration, and while it is strongly
> discouraged by Gluster proper, we just place the configured client files on
> the machines and do it that way.

Wonder what the discouragement is about. With other mirroring tech, setting
up this way is recognized best practice. for a system which prides itself on
flexibility of deployment, this shouldn't be a big stretch, IMHO.

What goes into configuring the client files? Since the ones downloaded from
the server contain names rather than IP addresses, I was hoping that simply
having the correct IPs for those names from the client's POV in the client's
/etc/hosts would resolve it correctly. But it doesn't.

Thanks,
Whit