[Gluster-users] XEN VPS unresponsive because of selfhealing

Tomas Corej corej at websupport.sk
Mon Apr 18 12:56:38 UTC 2011

Hi,
sorry for the mess with email addresses. I'v got this reply

> Please keep us updated on how you make out using Gluster as storage
for VPS.
>It seems like most people have settled on ISCSI for VPS.
>thanks,
>-Drew

I have blade servers which are running Xen on Debian Lenny . Storage
consist from 6 nodes (another four are prepared) where every brick is
mirroring with its pair, eg.:

gnode002.local:/data1/images <-> gnode004.local:/data1/images

then I mount storage using standard GlusterFS client using

mount -t glusterfs wsp.local:/images /mnt/wsp

where wsp.local is DNS RR around all nodes.

VPS then boots from file on /mnt/wsp
eg /mnt/wsp/img/uid10019/uuid/disk.img using tap:aio driver .

S pozdravom
--
[ Ohodnotte kvalitu emailu: http://nicereply.com/websupport/Corej/ ]

Tomáš Čorej | admin section