[Gluster-users] Introducing Quora like Gluster Community Site (beta)
ben at gluster.com
Fri Apr 15 16:22:02 UTC 2011
What are our plans for promoting this? Blog, tweet, put on community site,
email to community?
President & CEO
640 W. California Ave. Ste. 200
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
ben at gluster.com
Scale Out Storage for Public and Private Clouds
From: abperiasamy at gmail.com [mailto:abperiasamy at gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Anand Babu Periasamy
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:06 PM
To: Gluster General Discussion List; Gluster Developers List
Cc: Thomas Trainer; Hather Wellington; Ben Golub; Abinash Tripathy;
Subject: Introducing Quora like Gluster Community Site (beta)
New Gluster Community Platform: http://community.gluster.org
We are pleased to announce a Quora like community platform (beta),
where the focus is on *YOU* and your peers in the Community. We wanted
to provide a platform for all of you to engage with each other and
share everything (ugly, bad and the good) with other community members
and us. We want your questions heard and answers recognized. Best
contributors will be considered for "Gluster Hacker of the Year" award
and "Gluster of Fame" page.
The new interface is a Q&A platform which is a radical shift away from
the old BBS based forums that you may be so used. The system has lots
of new features:
1. Quick and easy search (with auto complete).
2. Community based voting.
3. Follow key questions and contributors.
4. Tagging to organize information into knowledge base.
Whats wrong with Mailman:
* Contributors and their contributions are not recognized and
rewarded. No [Like] & [Follow] buttons.
* Important answers and frequently asked questions may go unnoticed.
* Google + Mailman-Archive is != Knowledge base.
* Past is past. Answers are lost in time and no one answers
* No way to organize contributed questions and answers.
* Don't know who's who. We only know their emai-ids and IRC nicks.
* and most importantly, Mailmain is not addictive ;-)
More information about the Gluster-users