[Gluster-users] High Available Transparent File System

Meisam Mohammadkhani meisam.mohammadkhani at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 14:26:10 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm new to GlusterFS. I'm searching around a solution for our enterprise
application that is responsible to save(and manipulate) historical data of
industrial devices. Now, we have two stations that works like hot redundant
of each other. Our challenge is in case of failure. For now, our application
is responsible to handling fault by synchronizing the files that changed
during the fault, by itself. Our application is running on two totally
independent machines (one as redundant) and so each one has its own disk.
We are searching around a solution like a "high available transparent file
system" that makes the fault transparent to the application, so in case of
fault, redundant machine still can access the files even the master machine
is down (replica issue or such a thing).
Is there fail-over feature in GlusterFS that satisfy our requirement?
Actually, my question is that can GlusterFS help us in our case?

Regards